Key objectives involved in the quality process are:
- To have zero returns from customers.
- To achieve 100% on time deliveries that are accurately picked and dispatched, that reflect the customers expected order specifications and ensure the service timelines are met.
- To maintain the standard required for continuing certification to ISO 9001.
- To be an improvement focussed organization. Measurement will be based on process efficiency, cost reduction and work safety. New designs and procedures will be challenged to ensure that each stage is both simple and effective.
5.2.2. Communication of the quality policy shall:
TR Lord and Associates t/a AVO New Zealand, LORD Power Equipment and LORD Consulting ensures that the quality policy shall:
a) Be available and maintained as documented information. Reviewed annually at the Quality Strategy meeting.
b) Be communicated, understood and applied within TR Lord and Associates t/a AVO New Zealand, LORD Power Equipment and LORD Consulting.
c) Be available to relevant interested parties and posted on the company web sites.
5.3 Organizational roles, authorities and responsibilities
Top management shall ensure that the authorities and responsibilities for relevant roles are assigned, communicated and understood within TR Lord and Associates t/a AVO New Zealand, LORD Power Equipment and LORD Consulting.
Top management has assigned the authority and responsibility for:
- Ensuring the QMS conforms with the requirements of ISO 9001;
- Ensuring that processes are delivering their intended outputs;
- Reporting on the performance of the QMS, on opportunities for improvement and on the need for change or innovation, and especially for reporting to top management at annual meeting and is a component of the internal audits.
- Ensuring the promotion of company focus throughout the organization.
- Ensuring that the integrity of the QMS is maintained when changes are planned and implemented. Procedures in the QMS are written to ensure integrity is maintained. These procedures will be checked.
This procedure details the Management Meetings held to review the Quality System.
The monthly Management Meetings, scheduled by the Quality Manager are held to review the Quality System. These monthly reviews cover all aspects of the Quality System including new procedures, changes to existing procedures, outstanding/completed Corrective Action Requests, complaints, staff training, internal/external audit findings and any other miscellaneous quality related matters.
All appropriate staff members are informed of any changes to the Quality System resulting from Review Meetings.
Minutes of all Review Meetings are recorded by the Quality Manager and held by the Quality Manager. The minutes show that the Quality System is still appropriate, suitable to requirements and in line with regard to ISO 9001.
Quality System Documentation
This procedure describes the documented Quality Assurance System implemented by TR Lord and Associates t/a AVO New Zealand, LORD Power Equipment and LORD Consulting.
The Quality Assurance Manual documents the Quality System implemented by TR Lord and Associates t/a AVO New Zealand, LORD Power Equipment and LORD Consulting the Quality Assurance Manual is structured into 10 Sections, each Section addressing a particular aspect of the Standard. Each Section may also contain several associated procedures.
The Quality Assurance Manual is a controlled document and is distributed in accordance with Section 7.5.
- TR Lord and Associates t/a AVO New Zealand, LORD Power Equipment and LORD Consulting has identified all its critical documentation which is listed in the completed processes index.
- All controlled documents have title, issue number, date and are authorised copies of the approved processes.
- All controlled documents are free from unauthorized changes by means of a change control register.
- The procedure for control of changes to documents is adhered to and all changes are revised then signed off by the Quality Manager and/or Top Management.
- Any documented changes to processes are distributed to the relevant staff members.
- Any obsolete documentation is removed and one copy retained in archiving in the Quality Records Archive folder; saved on the Quality Managers computer.
- All amendments or changes to critical documents are discussed with the process owner and then a copy distributed to all staff affected by the change. Quality records are kept to demonstrate that all procedures and work instructions have been carried out correctly and are recorded in the Attache’ Pro system as well as in email.
- All Quality Records are saved on the Quality Managers computer and backed up by the backup systems in place.
- Documents are adequately backed up on a daily basis both physically as well as a network backup which is replicated in three (3) different locations. The backup in then backed up to a cloud backup. Thereby in effect 4 levels of backup are in place.
The Process Procedure Manuals document the individual tasks required to fully complete each process.
The Process Procedure Manuals are controlled documents and are distributed in accordance with Section 7.5.
Quality planning is addressed in the TR Lord and Associates t/a AVO New Zealand, LORD Power Equipment and LORD Consulting Quality System Manual. The Quality System Manual defines and documents how the quality requirements of the firm are met.
All aspects of the Quality System are regularly reviewed by the General Manager / Quality Manager and any additions and/or modifications to the system and/or its associated documentation will be addressed as appropriate.
Distribution of Quality System Manual
This procedure describes the distribution of the Quality Assurance and Process Procedure Manuals used to document the TR Lord and Associates t/a AVO New Zealand, LORD Power Equipment and LORD Consulting Quality System.
TR Lord and Associates t/a AVO New Zealand, LORD Power Equipment and LORD Consulting posts a controlled copy of the Quality Assurance Manual on its web site. The purpose of this is to provide efficiently a controlled copy of the Quality Manual for access by both all TR Lord and Associates t/a AVO New Zealand, LORD Power Equipment and LORD Consulting staff and by our customers.
The specific HTTP address of the Quality Manual is:
TR LORD and Associates t/a AVO New Zealand, https://avo.co.nz/quality-manual/quality-assurance-manual,
LORD Power Equipment, https://www.lordpowerequipment.com/quality-manual/quality-assurance-manual
LORD Consulting, https://www.lordconsulting.com/quality-manual/quality-assurance-manual.
A paper-based Master Copy of the Quality Assurance Manual is held at the Christchurch Head Office by the Quality Manager.
The Master Copy of each Process Procedure is held by the Quality Manager with a controlled copy of each Process Procedure Manual held by the Quality Manager.